Sign up today for this Life-Saving Skills Training Course
Being God's hands & feet during a disaster may require the use of CPR/AED skills to help sustain or save a life until EMS arrives.
There are times when you may be the first responder on the scene.
Since 80-90% of cardiac events and serious injury emergencies occur in the home, the workplace, or in a place where you are likely to know the individual needing help; prompt, effective action must be taken.
Learning CPR/AED skills are crucial to ensure adequate response to reduce the risks for unnecessary loss of life.
What you will learn:
- The importance of delivering effective chest compressions
- Which medical conditions can interfere with delivering proper rescue breaths
- The necessity of team building related to saving lives
- How easy Automated External Defibrillators (AED's) are to use
- How the Autonomic Response System can interfere with your ability to respond (Fight/Flight/Freeze) and how to move out of it
- Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014 6:00 PM- 8:30 PM
- Meets in Rock Church Point Loma Room 252
For more information about Disaster Response, click here »