The Bonfire Ministry meets on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month at Vacation Isle. However, the main reason we exist is to make a difference in the world we live in through Outreach Events. On Saturday, October 10th, we will partner with Unity 4 Orphans and visit an Orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico. Please prayerfully consider stepping out of your comfort zone and into faith. See all the details below. ALL ARE WELCOME. Please READ ALL DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS from Unity 4 Orphans...
SERVICE TRIP BASIC DETAILS:
TIME- 8:30am-6pm (must stay for the duration of the trip)
MEET at 2195 E. Mission Bay Drive San Diego, CA 92109
COST/TRAVEL FEE: $40 per person (Students -$25; Children under 12 - $10). This travel fee covers secured parking at the border (for carpool drivers' cars), taxi/van transportation from border to orphanage, lunch for all volunteers AND for the orphans, crafts/activities, misc. supplies, and a "love gift" for the orphanage. We accept cash/check payment at registration, or payment can be made with a credit card via online at http://www.unity4orphans.com/ (Click Give and One Time Donation/Tijuana).
$25 of this travel fee is tax deductible, as allowed by law.
MUST BRING: Passport and/or Driver's License with a Birth Certificate.
(While passports are encouraged, they are not absolutely necessary, as long as you bring a picture ID with your birth certificate.)
We highly suggest the following for a great day:
* Eat a Hearty Breakfast
* Bring Water Bottle
* Bring Small Snacks (as lunch can sometimes be served later than planned based on variables). Note: If anyone has any dietary restrictions, please also bring your own sack lunch
* Wear Modest & Comfortable Clothing & Shoes AND dress for the weather.
* Have a Flexible and Patient Attitude
* Remember: We are there to serve, so come with Kind, Forgiving, Willing and Open Hearts
* Connect with a child or two, Give them one-on-one attention through different activities, and be aware, the kids do not speak English but still love the interaction, hugs and play with our group.
The featured donation item that we are requesting are NEW children's socks, for any age child. Black is preferred to wear with their uniforms, but white are great too! This is an OPTIONAL donation request, and not required to travel on the trip, but if you have the time or resources, these are appreciated!! Non perishable food, cleaning supplies and toiletries are also always needed at the orphanage.
PLEASE RSVP DAWN!!
ANY QUESTIONS, please message or email our Volunteer & Donor Coordinator, Dawn Stapleford, at
For more information about the Bonfire Ministry, click here »