Married Couples!! Taco Bout A Date Night!
Put on your sombrero and join us for a Cinco de Mayo night of fun! Enjoy a fresh grilled taco, a lip sync battle competition and prizes too! Yes, that is not a typo we are having a lip sync contest and the grand prize winning couple will receive a complimentary registration to the 16th Annual Marriage Getaway in June (see below for contest info). We are also very excited to have Pastor Marcus Preciado as our guest speaker for the evening. Even though the event is free, there is limited seating and you must register online to attend. Childcare is available and limited - please register online - $5 per child max $10 (WALK UP CHILDCARE IS NOT AVAILABLE the day of the event).
How to participate in the Lip Sync Battle:
(all contest participants must be registered for date night)
1. Pick a duet song from the approved song list below.
2. Practice and perfect your 90 second performance with you and your spouse.
Choose any 90 second time frame of the song and be sure to note the start time and end time of the 90 second clip of the song
3. When you check-in at date night fill out a participant’s ticket.
4. If your name is randomly picked in the drawing you will be performing your lip sync live.
5. Winning Lip Sync couple will be picked by all date night attendees.
Lip Sync approved duet song list:
1. I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher from the album Look At Us
2. Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul from the album Forever Your Girl
3. You Don’t Bring Me Flowers by Barbara Streisand & Neil Diamond from the album Duets
4. Don’t You Wanna Stay by Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson from the album My Kinda Party
5. No Air by Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown from the album Jordin Sparks
6. This is Us by Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris from the album All the Roadrunning
7. I’ll Be There by Mariah Carey & Trey Lorenz from the album MTV Unplugged
8. I’ve Had the Time of My Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes from the album Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
9. The Fighter by Keith Urban & Carrie Underwood from the album Ripcord
10. Endless Love by Diana Ross & Lionel Richie from the album To Love Again
11. Don’t Know Much by Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville from the album Just Can’t Get Enough: Hits
12. You’re the One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John from the album Grease Original Soundtrack
13. After All by Cher & Peter Cetera from the album 20th Century Masters
14. Lucky by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat from the album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
**Marriage Getaway Registration is for one husband and wife. This is non-transferrable. Value of prize is $450, no cash value. Marriage Getaway dates are June 23 - 25 at Westin Mission Hills. For more information about the getaway, please visit www.sdrock.com/getaway2017
For more information about the Marriage Ministry, click here »