THURSDAY, July 19 (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
FRIDAY, July 20 (6:00 PM - 9:00PM)
SATURDAY, July 21 (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
- You must attend all sessions (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required.
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (July 21st).
This advanced level course will enhance your skills to provide effective emotional and spiritual care (ESC) to meet the disaster-related needs of disaster responders and disaster affected families and individuals within disaster operations. This course builds on the crisis intervention principles taught in the Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) core courses to effectively integrate these principles within ESC teams for appropriate care throughout the disaster continuum from the immediate to long-term recovery process.
This course is designed for trained clergy, chaplains, mental health professionals, and CISM trained crisis responders who desire to enhance their skills in providing Emotional and Spiritual Care to survivors of disaster and trauma.
Suggested but not mandatory prerequisites: Assisting Individuals in Crisis (also known as Individual Crisis Intervention & Peer Support); Group Crisis Intervention; Pastoral Crisis Intervention.
- One’s own faith tradition and ESC
- ESC & the Incident Command System
- ESC & disaster relief operations
- Physical, psychological, emotional impact of disasters
- Behavioral, interpersonal and spiritual impact of disasters
- Range of ESC interventions in the aftermath
- Suitability to provide ESC
- Maintaining health during deployment
- Deployment personal care plans
- Intervention and care giving concepts
Completion of “Emotional & Spiritual Care in Disasters” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (14 Contact Hours) qualifies as a course in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE
$45 before June 27th (Early bird)
$55 On or after June 28th
For more information about the Chaplains Ministry, click here »