What you should know:
As a church, we believe that baptism is a public proclamation of our personal faith in Christ, not an act of salvation. There are three prerequisites or rules for baptism at our church:
1. You must be a Christian; you will be given this opportunity at the baptism if you are not already a Christian.
2. You must be over the age of 4. (Since baptism is not an act of salvation, one must be of the age to reasonably make a decision for Christ.)
3. We strongly discourage those who are not actively seeking to live a life pleasing to God, to change their lifestyle before they are baptized.
If you would like any clarification or counsel regarding these matters, please contact the church office.
What you should wear:
Guys: Swim trunks and a t-shirt
Ladies: A one-piece bathing suit with a colored t-shirt, or board-shorts (or the like).
What you should bring:
- Driver's license (for entrance into Plunge)
- Extra clothes to change into after you are finished
What to expect:
- When you arrive in the main parking lot, just walk toward the Boardwalk and you'll see a large opening to your right. You'll see a sign that says "Wave House."
- Right before you walk up the ramp youll see a table with a banner that says, Rock Baptism. Please check in at the table (put a check by your name and make sure youve signed the waiver).
- Continue up the ramp veering to the right and out onto the patio.
- We'll have a time of worship and a short message on baptism and then we will begin.