Sisters in Christ - A special time for women of the Rock to worship, pray, study the Word of God, share testimonies and enjoy fellowship in a small group setting in order to gain spiritual and practical guidance for everyday living. This summer we will meet every Wednesday from July 11th - August 15th in room 232 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Please note that the building is air conditioned so you may want to bring a sweater or jacket. Feel free to invite a friend.
We will have childcare for the summer study and pre-registration for childcare is required. Registration will close at midnight on Mon. July 9. You must register each of your children, and all children, even if they will not require childcare every week, must be registered.
Register for Childcare Now!
This summer we will be doing a study by Priscilla Shirer called Seed 1 & 2 and you will need to purchase member books for this study. We have ordered 125 of each book to sell. Both can be purchased from women's ministry for $16 total and will be available the first night. If you can, please bring the exact amount or some $1 bills to make change. We will also accept checks made out to The Rock.
SEED - is a DVD Leader Kit by Priscilla Shirer in a 6-part series of short videos that includes thought-provoking, modern-day parables with weekly Bible study guides. SEED Pack 1 is designed to facilitate three separate small group experiences. Watch the videos, use the discussion guides together with your group, and go deeper with further study in the Member Book during the week. The homework in the member book is designed around Priscilla's 5 Ps teaching method, helping those who participate to dig deeper into Scripture. Purchase individually or in packets of three with accompanying Member Book that provides 3 weeks of study and corresponds with the DVDs. Homework is in weekly format, not daily. (3 sessions)
- Forgotten: Unnoticed, unappreciated, ignored, under-valued, over-looked, invisible. At one time or another, we have had these feelings. At one time or another we have made other people have these same feelings because of our actions. What does God say about the forgotten in His Word? Priscilla reminds us that God notices our worth and cares for us at all times and in all seasons. (Run time: 9 minutes)
- Enough: Wanting more and wanting better are things that come naturally to us. Anxiety, worry, and concern often accompany those feelings. We have everything we need, right here for us, today. God is a good Father to us and He has taken care of you up to now, and will continue to. His gifts are good and they are always good enough. God is enough to take on the task ahead and enough to finish the job. (Run time: 7 minutes)
- Control: Living life under the authority of God is difficult at times. Taking the lead in our own life story is a tendency of many of us. We all want to do the "leading" and have the "control" in our own life. Giving that up is difficult, but it is what God requires of us – and when we do so, we really can see that it is a beautiful result. (Run time: 12 minutes)
Homework studies Scripture with the 5 Ps:
- Position yourself to hear from God
- Pore over the passage and Paraphrase the major points
- Pull out the spiritual principles
- Pose the question
- Plan obedience and Pin down a date
If you would like to donate to the Women of the Rock ministry, click here.
For more information please contact Karen or Teresa:
Karen Stevens: wxnerafgriraf+lnubb+pbz
Teresa Holderby: gubyqr1872+nby+pbz
We look forward to being with you soon!
For more information about the Women's Ministry, click here »