Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively teaches a weekly Lesson Plan with age appropriate activities for the age group served.
- Updates weekly grades, lesson plans and homework, as due for posting on On-line grade book by Friday at 5PM.
- Keeps classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Completes any additional work needed during hours beyond outlined daily schedule.
- Follows the grade school academic calendar, including professional development days.
- As needed, provides lunch and recess supervision, PE and elective class coverage and chapel planning.
- Ensures that all work areas have supplies and are restocked as needed.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Elementary and Secondary Administrators.
Education, Training, and Experience
- BA degree and CA credential required.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Strong oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in-group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced working environment with minimal supervision.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Successful completion of both a LiveScan and reference check.
- Regular attendee of a Bible believing Christian church, to be reviewed by Administration.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings (and events, as needed).
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Academy Staff Handbook.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance. Staff should set a good, modest example to students by dressing in “professional casual” attire.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106