Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counts money in the cash drawers at the beginning of the shifts to ensure amounts are correct and there is adequate change.
- Great customers entering and leaving the store and while shopping throughout the store. Answers customers’ questions, and provide information when asked. Listens to customer’s questions and concerns and politely refers them to management when necessary.
- Accurately ring up customer’s purchases, receive payment of cash, credit, debit, gift card, gift certificate or vouchers. Issue customer receipts and change when applicable.
- Bag and/or wrap customer purchases. Maintain a clean and orderly cash wrap.
- Follow Daily Assignment Log issued by management or Lead Volunteer.
- Clean shelves, counters or tables as either directed or as deemed necessary. May assist in mopping and vacuuming as needed.
- Place new arrivals on displays and appropriate areas on the floor.
- Create new merchandise displays as needed in line with the RTS merchandise strategy.
- Follow all safety procedures and RTS Policies and Procedures.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Retail Manager.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience - preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes assignments, and provides excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106