Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight, leadership, and manages the graphic design needs of Rock Church utilizing a mix of contractors, in house staff, volunteers and interns.
- Provides leadership and drives recruitment of volunteers and interns within the field of graphic design.
- Create daily graphics to support church and ministry initiatives.
- Participate in the design and execution of elements ranging from rave cards and graphics to special campaigns and events.
- Work cooperatively with directors, pastors and Marketing Communication team in creating graphics
- Perform any associated duties that may be assigned in relation to the completion of a project
- Must be capable of contributing to every phase of production, from concept development and storyboards to final wireframes/renderings for delivery.
- Works with the Communication Pastor and the Communications Team to define and enforce brand standards as set forth in the Rock Church Brand and Style Guide.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive systems, tactics, metrics, budget and resource requirements in order to grow and support the creative initiatives for Rock Church and its subsidiaries.
- Provide design assistance as needed to meet deadlines and turn arounds.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer.
Education, Training, and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in design.
- Experience with PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Have an understanding in averment, web design, UI/UX, and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, art, or design in a similar field of study.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Passion for serving, learning and leading.
- Highly motivated with a “can do” attitude and the ability to effectively operate and make informed decisions quickly working in a complex, fast-paced environment; ability to adapt quickly and course correct as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Expert in managing cross-functional teams and realizing results through others, leading across functions, influencing beyond scope of control.
- Organized and efficient, with strong process orientation, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to read, spell, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for MAC is a must, and experience with Adobe CS is a plus.
- Able to develop and leverage volunteers.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Intentional contributions to creating a healthy staff culture.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106