Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prospective families with information on the Academy, schedule campus tours
- Provide first aid and oversees the medical needs of students on campus
- Record daily attendance
- Support the Admissions Team with: updating and processing online applications, following up with applicants, coordinating placement tests with classroom teachers, scheduling admission’s interview with administration.
- Update and processes online enrollment packets and enroll elementary students in classes via Renweb.
- Verify and assist CPP-approved volunteers with check-in, escort parent volunteers to classrooms.
- Approve parent drivers for field trips, sporting events, etc.
- Support the Administrative Team in various traditional administrative duties, such as answering the phone, scheduling appointments, organization and maintenance of files, correspondence and mail to parents.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, respond promptly to requests for service and work well in problem-solving situations, strong team player who meets commitments
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, interruptions, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Place orders for curriculum, office supplies, print center jobs, and end-of-year awards
Education, Training, and Experience
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess strong writing and proofing skills
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Ability to complete projects with tight/short deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word and Typing skills (45 WPM)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Pleasant, professional personality and appearance
- Flexible in nature to handle other duties and special projects as needed
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced working environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to attend evening and weekend events as required
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events which includes annual gala
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian church)
- Regular involvement in church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to your home church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal-oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106