Genesis is the book of beginnings. It is the first book of the 66 books that make up the Bible.
In Genesis we have learned of the beginning of creation. We learned that God made the stars, heavens, fish, birds and all creeping things. God made man. He created chemistry, physics, astronomy, meteorology, ecology and botany. God designed all the sciences. He created how they work and how they interact with each other.
In Genesis last week we saw the beginning of death, sin and deception.
In his message today Pastor Miles concluded Genesis 3 with a message on 7 passion prophesies. We looked at seven components that were nailed to the cross with Jesus when He died.
Seven Passion Prophecies
- Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by having become a curse for us. Genesis 3:14, Galatians 3:13
- And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you, Amen. Genesis 3:15, Romans 16:20
- To the woman He said: I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception in pain you shall bring forth children; your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you. Genesis 3:16, Isaiah 53:3
- The curse on earth will be represented by the crown of thorns. Galatians 3:18, Matthew 27:27-32
- Man will eat as a result of the sweat on his face. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. Galatians 3:19, Luke 22:44
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue clings to my jaws; you have brought me to the dust of death. Galatians 3:19, Psalm 22:15
- God Himself will provide a ransom for Adam's sin. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. Galatians 3:21, Mark 10:45
Jesus paid the price for sin on the cross. In Genesis 3 we begin to see God's plan for redemption. Whatever sin we have committed, Christ has already paid the price for us. The sting of death has no power over Christians. When God forgives us we are given the power to be victorious over our flesh. Miles stated that pity looks down and compassion gets down.
Soul-Winner, So What?
The Bible says that God is a god of compassion. When we were in need of compassion and healing God was there ready to forgive us of our sins. It is now time to give the gift of life that we so once freely received from Him first. Wouldn't it only make sense to give grace by witnessing to someone about the compassion of Christ?
It is time to step out of the comfort zone and share the gospel with others. We could never fully comprehend the price that Christ paid for us. It is a gift and as His children it is our duty to give that gift away.