The Trinity is One God, Three Persons
- The Father establishes the plan of salvation, Jesus signed the contract in His blood, and the Holy Spirit was sent to implement the plan of salvation.
- The Holy Spirit is like a fire (Acts 2), like a dove (Matthew 3), and like the wind (John 3).
The Invisible Man Has the Attributes and Names of God.
- omnipresent - Psalm 139:7-10
- omniscient - 2 Corinthians 2:10-12
- omnipotent - Genesis 1:2, Job 33:4
- eternal - Hebrews 9:14
The devil wants you to believe he knows everything and is all-powerful, but he isn't. The Holy Spirit, on the other hand, has the attributes of God; there's nothing he can't do, nowhere he is not, and nothing he doesn't know.
He is called:
- The Spirit of God - 1 John 4:2, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:10
- Spirit of Christ - 1 Peter 1:11
- Holy (Hagios) Spirit (Nooma) - Matthew 28:19-20, 2 Corinthians 13:14
The Invisible Man:
- is a 'He' - John 16:7-14
- lives in us - John 14:17
- has a mind - Romans 8:27
- has a will - 1 Corinthians 12:11
- can be grieved - Ephesians 4:30-32
- When we do something wrong, God is disappointed.
- loves us - Romans 15:30
God loves us! He created us compatible to Him so that we can have a relationship with Him. He gave us minds to think, create, and strategize as He does, for we are made to mimic His ability.
The Invisible Man Speaks (John 16:13, Acts 8:29)
- The Holy Spirit sounds like small, still voice.
- He speaks biblical truth and cries out "Abba, Father" ("Daddy")
- He reminds us of what Jesus said and who Jesus is.
- He wants us to speak like Him.
- He separates us from ourselves, the world, death and unto Himself. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18, Acts 13:2-3, Luke 4:18-19, Romans 8:11
- (Be careful that you are not holding on to parts of yourself ("knuckleheaded-ness") that God wants to separate from you! God accepts you as you are today, but He desires to change you to make you more Christlike.
- He convicts the world of sin and leads us into truth.
The Invisible Man Provides Access to God
- He gives us access to God Himself - Ephesians 2:15-18
- He gives us access to God's power - Acts 1:8
- He gives us the freedom to say "Jesus is Lord!" - 1 John 4:2
- He writes scriptures - 2 Peter 1:20- 21
- He interprets scripture and calls us into ministry.
- The Spirit will come upon you, seal you, anoint you, fill you, and baptize you. 1 Corinthians 1:22, Matthew 3:11
The Invisible Man Gives Gifts
- Gifts are the supernatural manifestation of the Spirit to empower you to serve the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 12:7
- Do not be ignorant to your gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:1
- No one person has all the gifts. We need each other. 1 Corinthians 12:14-21, 28-30
- We need to create an environment for the gifts to operate. Ezra 7:10, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 3:5-8
- Seek opportunities to fulfill our role in the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:13, 18, Romans 12:3-6, 2 Timothy 1:6-7
- The activities of the Holy Spirit are mysterious. Natural talents are limited to depending on the flesh and glorifying man. Spiritual gifts depend solely on the Spirit and only glorify Jesus.
The voice of the Spirit is like a wind blowing us here and there telling us to do things. It is always compatible - never contrary - to God's Word.
Our job is to be available to the Holy Spirit. Pursue God! Put yourself in His path. Read, pray, eliminate things in your life that keep you from Him. Seek His blessing. Being "blessed" doesn't mean that you will be happy all the time. It means that you want whatever God wants for you - no matter how it feels, no matter what he has to take from you or change in you, no matter how it hurts - in order to get His best for you. And it is better, though you may not have chosen it on your own.
Our job is to be available to the Holy Spirit. Pursue God! Put yourself in His path. Read, pray, eliminate things in your life that keep you from Him.
Pastor Miles encouraged us all to pray and journal, "God, I am 100% available. Use me for whatever you want. Do whatever you want to do." If you tell God that, the still small voice is going to speak to you. Sometimes He does something, and sometimes he asks you to do something . . . but something is going to happen!
The Invisible Man Baptizes Us
- Baptism, Baptizo: immersion, plunge, filled with the Holy Spirit, baptized by the Holy Spirit, a second blessing, third, and fourth
- All are baptized with the Holy Spirit at the point of salvation. 1 Corinthians 12:13, John 3:3-6, Matthew 3:11
- Holy Spirit baptism empowers us to be witnesses. Acts 1:8
- Holy Spirit baptism should be an ongoing process. Ephesians 5:18 "be ye filled "
- Holy Spirit baptism is not a result of you getting more of the Holy Spirit, of but the Holy Spirit getting more of you.
- Part 1, The Invisible Man is Qualified
- Part 2, The Invisible Man Is a Person
- Part 3, The Invisible Man Speaks
- Part 4, The Invisible Man Separates
- Part 5, The Invisible Man Provides God Access
- Part 6, The Invisible Man Tools
- Part 7, The Invisible Man Software
- Part 8, The Invisible Man Inititiation: Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- Invisible Man Quiz