Rock Marriage Ministry recognizes an immediate responsibility to help couples begin to build and sustain better marriages, and to help restore those marriages threatened by divorce.
- Is God calling you to "Do Something" in this ministry utilizing your spiritual gifts?
- Are you a spiritually mature couple (NOT PERFECT)?
- Have you been married a minimum of THREE years?
- Do you have a heart to help couples prepare for marriage, repair their marriage or enrich their marriage?
- Have you completed part or all of Life Class?
If you answered yes to all these questions, please complete the Ministry Interest Form for both you and your spouse. After we receive your application, your next step will be to have an interview. If you have not been married for 3 years yet, you can still be involved in the Marriage Ministry.
Rock Marriage Ministry Opportunities for couples married 5 years or more
- 1 on 1 marriage coaching
- Premarital / Marriage Class teacher
- Marriage Ministry Teacher
- rGroup Leaders
Rock Marriage Ministry Opportunities for couples married 5 years or LESS
- Social Media Representative
- rGroup Leaders
- Event Planner
- Events (Registration, Hospitality, Set up and tear down)
- Data collection and research
We fully understand many have a heart for couples but their gifts are behind the scenes, we need you as well please email [email protected] for more info. We are looking forward to serving alongside you.
Requirements for all areas of Marriage Ministry for ALL couples:
- In process of completing LIFE class - must complete at least one of the 4 classes, if all 4 have not been completed.
- Complete Ministry Interest Form and background check form
- In person interview with a Rock pastor
- Complete 3 part marriage coach training
- Within 90 days of submitting your application, attend and complete all 4 sessions of LIFE membership class
- Within 90 days of submitting your application, attend and complete rGroup Leader orientation and training
Position: Premarital Coaches (Small Group classes)
Requirements: Complete & return the Ministry Interest Form, Attend: Premarital Coach training, Life Group Leader Orientation and Training, Curriculum: Book: Preparing for Marriage - Rainey; DVD: Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts - Parrott, DVD: Love & Respect - Eggerichs, Minimum Commitment: Lead two Premarital Life Groups sessions per year.
Position: Marriage Coaches (couple to couple)
Requirements: Complete & return the Marriage Coach application Attend: Premarital Coach training, rGroup Leader Orientation and Training, Curriculum: Marriage Mentor Training & Curriculum Manual - Parrott, Minimum Commitment: "As needed basis" per couple
Position: Marriage Coach Builders (Life Groups)
Requirements: Complete & return the Ministry Interest Form, Attend: Marriage Coach Builder training, Life Group Leader Orientation and Training, Curriculum: DVD: I Promise - Smalley, DVD: Love & Respect - Eggerichs, Minimum Commitment: Lead two Married Life Groups sessions per year
Position: Marriage Coach Support
Requirements: Complete & return the Ministry Interest Form, Attend: Marriage Coach training, rGroup Leader Orientation and Training, Minimum Commitment: Be available at end of Marriage classes for those who have questions/concerns/prayer. Two classes per year and/or as needed
Thank you for your interest to join our team of Marriage Coaches!
For further information on our Marriage Coach Couples Ministry, please contact [email protected]
You are viewing ministry info for the Point Loma campus