Child Dedication Class
We believe God is a God of purpose.
The family was the first institution created by God between a man and a woman. Parent/Baby Dedication is when we give back to God what belongs to Him (1 Samuel 1:27-28).
We believe, according to God's Word, that God's plan for marriage is for a man and a woman to leave and cleave and become one flesh in a covenant relationship (Genesis 2:18, 21-24). This marriage relationship then opens the door to fellowship and intimacy and produces a Godly seed (Malachi 2:15). This seed, your child, depends totally upon the mother and father to sustain its life.
The Dedication Ceremony is a decision made by the parents or parent of the child and not by the child itself. This ceremony is not a substitute for the child's ultimate personal responsibility before God. In no way does this ceremony guarantee salvation or serve as a substitute for the personal need for children to accept Christ as Lord when they are aware enough to understand the gospel. For more information and FAQs on Child Baptisms with the Rock, click here.
The Dedication Ceremony is a commitment by the parents or parent to train and teach their child Biblical principles, to trust in God, and be thankful for this blessing. Therefore, we dedicate the child/children of married couples (man and woman) and the child/children of a single parent who is committed to God in the development of the child and will be obedient to His Word and the following covenant:
- I/We will make Jesus Christ the Foundation of our home (1 Corinthians 3:11).
- I/We will keep the Passion for God before us always (Deuteronomy 5:29).
- I/We will fight for the Authority of God before our Family (Nehemiah 4:14).
- I/We will place trust in God's Grace for life (Galatians 2:20).
- I/We will love my family Unconditionally as God loves us (Ephesians 5:25).
With your commitment we also, as your church family, commit to continue to believe in God's design for your family, and we will pray that you will continually look to Jesus Christ for strength, wisdom, and the life only He brings. If you are in agreement with these statements, complete the online application for Parent/Child Dedication. However, if your situation is different, and at this time you do not meet these guidelines according to God's Word, we would love to have the opportunity to help bring you into a closer relationship with God, so that you may be able to dedicate your family to Him.
REQUIRED CHILD DEDICATION CLASSES:
It's the most important responsibility in the world, and the least trained. Parenting! Come learn practical ways to be the parent God has intended you to be.
If you plan on dedicating your child, this class is required. Your child needs Godly parents not more stuff! How do you know if your child is old enough to participate? When they are old enough to attend Rock Kids! Our classes meet during the 5pm service time so that you can take advantage of our Rock Kids program during the class. Children over 6 months old will not be allowed in the Child Dedication Classes.
Spring 2013 - FULL - Classes have already started
- Child Dedication Classes: Sundays, February 17th - March 10th from 5:00-6:30 pm
- Child Dedication Ceremony: Sunday, March 17th from 2:00-4:00 pm at North Chapel located in Liberty Station
Fall 2013 - FULL - Click here to join our wait list!
- Child Dedication Classes: Sundays, September 15th - October 6th from 5:00-6:30 pm
- Child Dedication Ceremony: Sunday, October 20th from 2:00-4:00 pm at North Chapel located in Liberty Station
Need More Information? Feel free to contact Alison at nyvfba.vatyrfr+fqebpx+pbz.