What is Premarital Coaching?
It is by far the most important part of your entire wedding/marriage planning process. Just think, if you lay a solid biblical foundation and gather the necessary tools to assemble a great marriage through premarital counseling, but your DJ plays the wrong song, half your flowers are dead and the cake is chocolate instead of lemon, it will have little, if any bearing on the outcome of your marriage. But on the other side if you don't lay that solid biblical foundation, and have the most spectacular wedding, statistics show, there very well may be challenges.
The moral of the story - Premarital coaching matters!! It's what matters the most!
Remember, a marriage is for a lifetime - far more important than the wedding day.
- It is what builds the foundation of your marriage.
- It teaches you how to build strength in areas that usually destroy marriages.
- It develops your communication skills.
- It assists you with the right skills to get your sex life off to a great start.
- It is the most important part of the wedding planning process.
- It establishes if your God is the center of your marital plans, as well as if he is how long your engagement should be and assists you in setting your wedding date.
- It accesses where you and your spouse are spiritually and where you need to be.
Marital success is not based on how beautiful the flowers are, the wedding dress, or even the rings. It's determined most often by how much effort was put into developing the right tools to assemble, adjust and maintain a lifelong marriage according to the word of God.
We strongly recommend you enroll in premarital before you get engaged or set a date! However if you are already engaged, and have set a date, the next suggestion is to enroll in premarital classes at least 6 months before your wedding date!
- These classes are mandatory if you wish to have a Rock Pastor officiate your ceremony. Classes fill up quickly, so please send in your application as soon as possible.
- The classes are offered quarterly
- Each class is 6-8 weeks long and meets once a week for two hours
- Attendance is mandatory
- Classes are taught by our Marriage Coach Couples
- Classes are open to all couples who are considering marriage and engaged couples who are seeking to have a biblically based marriage
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first registered basis, thus advanced enrollment is needed (spots fill up months in advance, so register today) When you complete the application, make sure you are together, as there are two separate sections to be filled out by each of you
- It is strongly recommended your wedding date doesnt fall within 3 months after the end date of the class;
- There will be a $50 enrollment fee for the class and due upon receipt of application.
- If you attended our Premarital Workshop, the registration fee from the Premarital Workshop will go towards the premarital class
- Course material - To be determined. Most of our course curriculum is available at the Rockpile Resource Center and will cost between $30-$70/per couples
- An honorarium would be greatly appreciated by your pastor who officiates your wedding. The suggested amount is $200 (not mandatory)
For Rock Church North County
(for North County Only - Send your $50 enrollment fee to: Rock Church North County, Attn: Chad Greer, 1740 La Costa Meadows Dr. #200, San Marcos, CA. 92078.
FUTURE North County DATES: TBD
For more information contact us at [email protected]