2014 Dates & Locations
- Classes for the Point Loma campus will be held:
- July Class is already in session - **THIS CLASS IS FULL**
- Mondays beginning September 8th, ending October 20th 6:30pm-8:30pm **THIS CLASS IS FULL**
- (NO CLASS ON Monday, October 13th in observance of Columbus Day)
- All Checks made payable to Rock Church, enter "premarital coaching" in the memo portion of your check.
- We are currently upgrading our curriculum. We will let you know what book and workbook you will each need.
- Thank you and look forward to seeing you.
We strongly recommend you enroll in premarital before you get engaged or set a date! However if that doesn't happen our next suggestion is to enroll in premarital classes at least 6 months before you set your wedding date.
What Premarital Coaching is not:
- Another box to check off: flowers, DJ, premarital
- Just another thing we have to do just to get a pastor to marry us
- To make our parents or fiance happy
What is Premarital Coaching?
It is by far the most important part of your entire wedding/marriage planning process. Just think, if you lay a solid biblical foundation and gather the necessary tools to assemble a great marriage through premarital counseling, but your DJ plays the wrong song, half your flowers are dead and the cake is chocolate instead of lemon, it will have little, if any bearing on the outcome of your marriage. But on the other side if you don't lay that solid biblical foundation, and have the most spectacular wedding, statistics show, there very well may be challenges. The moral of the story - Premarital counseling matters.!! Remember, a marriage is far more important than the wedding day.
- It is what builds the foundation of your marriage.
- It teaches you how to build strength in areas that usually destroy marriages.
- It develops your communication skills.
- It assists you with the right skills to get your sex life off to a great start.
- It is the most important part of the wedding planning process.
- It establishes if your God is the center of your marital plans, as well as if he is how long your engagement should be and assists you in setting your wedding date.
- It accesses where you and your spouse are spiritually and where you need to be.
Marital success is not based on how beautiful the flowers are, the wedding dress, or even the rings. It's determined most often by how much effort was put into developing the right tools to assemble, adjust and maintain a lifelong marriage according to the word of God.
These classes are mandatory if you wish to have a Rock Pastor officiate your ceremony. Classes fill up quickly, so please send in your application as soon as possible.
An honorarium would be greatly appreciated by your pastor who officiates your wedding. The suggested amount is $200 (not mandatory)
- The classes are offered several times a year
- Each class is 6-8 weeks long and meets once a week for two hours
- Attendance is mandatory
- Classes are taught by our Marriage Coach Couples
- Classes are open to all engaged couples who are seeking to have a biblically based marriage
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, thus advanced enrollment is needed (spots fill up months in advance, so register today)
- It is strongly recommended your wedding date doesnt fall within 3 months after the end date of the class;
- There will be a $100 enrollment fee for the class and due upon receipt of application
For Rock Church North County
For more information contact us at [email protected]
You are viewing ministry info for the Point Loma campus