This week your homework is designed to build confidence that the books of the Bible that we have are adequate to provide the essential information for eternal life and Christian living. You’ll read five different types of passages, all reinforcing the legitimacy of the books of the Bible. Answer the following questions as you read each passage:
- What part of the Bible is being affirmed as God’s Word and by whom?
- What has been said that gives you confidence that the Bible is from God?
For example, as you read Matthew 5:17-20, you’ll find you are reading the words of Jesus as he speaks about the Law and the Prophets, a common term in his day for the Old Testament. You will learn that Jesus affirms the Old Testament, and has a higher view of it that was common in his day, teaching that every piece of it points to him and is fulfilled by him.
- OT Narrative: 2 Samuel 23:1-7
- Prophetic: Daniel 7:13-14
- Psalm: Psalm 16
- Gospel: Matthew 5:17-20
- Epistle: 2 Peter 1:16-21; 2 Timothy 3:16
- Toys for Joy 2017
- A Military Christmas
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Nova Page
- Going Out and Coming In
- When God Moves
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Drew Barragan
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Andre Hudson
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Joshua Randle
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Ruben Mundo
- Hurricane Harvey Relief