One of the more than 800 homes destroyed by the fires. For more pictures, visit signonsandiego.com.
The Rock has a unique opportunity to use this disaster to bless the victims of the fires. What better way to demonstrate God's love than by coming alongside a hurting individual or family in this time of need.
This is a list of things that we can do as individuals and as a church:
Rock Pastors are certified by Red Cross and standing by to go to Julian for evacuation of Residents. Please pray for their protection.
This is a list of Rock church members who have lost their homes in the fires. Please keep them in prayer.
- Bobby Yates and his family (Lake Jennings)
- Rita Rawlingson
- The Montano family (El Cajon, near Alpine)
If you know of any other families/persons, please use the Contact Form, select San Diego Fires, and send us the name and town.
2. Care Packages in your Small Group
We are encouraging all small groups to create a care package for the victims. If you are not currently in a small group, now would be a good time to join one. Call the church office and we'll plug you in.
Any and all donations should be dropped off at the nearest evacuation center or at the church office so they can be properly distribued. The Red Cross website is www.sdarc.org.
Here is the list of things that are needed:
- Dry goods: such as cereals, paper products
- Toiletries: toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo/condition, lotions, chapstick, visine
- Babies: Diapers (different sizes), baby bottles, formula, baby cereal
- Beverages: bottled water, individual containers of juices/drinks
- Masks (can be purchased at local drugstores i.e. Longs, Rite Aid, Walgrens, etc)
3. Volunteer your Time
Due to the overwhelming response by the community, the Red Cross is not holding immediate volunteer trainings the rest of this week. Upcoming training dates are as follows:
- Monday, November 3, 5:30 7 PM (3650 Fifth Ave)
- Saturday, November 15, 8:30 10 AM (3650 Fifth Ave)
- Tuesday, November 18, 10:30 AM 12 PM (3650 Fifth Ave)
- Tuesday, November 25, 5:30 7 PM (311 Del Mar Ave. in Chula Vista 619.422.5226)
Training is mandatory for any new volunteers so the Red Cross can take your information and direct you to the area with the greatest need. Please continue to put together your care packages in Small Groups this week and bring them to the Red Cross office, 3650 Fifth Ave, or the nearest fire station or evacuation center.
5. Have a Story?
We're collecting stories about the good things God's done in the midst of all this. If you have a story about what God has done or showed you, please email it to [email protected].
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Nova Page
- Going Out and Coming In
- When God Moves
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Andre Hudson
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Drew Barragan
- Hurricane Harvey Relief
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Joshua Randle
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Ruben Mundo
- A Call to Missions
- A Life of Impact