In February, for the first time, Men’s Ministry representing each Rock Church campus—Point Loma, North County, East County, and San Ysidro – came together under one roof during the UNITED-No Man Left Behind event! 1,500 men from every walk of life came together and enjoyed: a free breakfast; a unique car display that included vintage, sports, and military vehicles; a rocking time of worship; special testimonies; and a “for men only” message from Pastor Miles. Attendees had the opportunity to get connected into LIFE groups and several other Rock ministries.
Scotty Bruce, Men’s Ministry Director, was encouraged by the turn out. “It was an exciting way to kick-off 2015—turning the Rock into a man cave for a day! The UNITED event is evidence of a vision that men all across the Rock would come together in unity to achieve the God-huge goal of reaching 7,000 men. Rock Men’s Ministries wants to be a resource for men, including leaders of all ministries across the church that serve them. Together we can cultivate servant leaders who will impact friends, families, ministries, this city, and the world!”
As a church family, we praising God for what He did through our Men’s Ministry event:
- 30 Salvations
- Over 1,400 men stood up and publicly made the commitment to be part of God’s Army here at Rock Church
- 22 Rock Ministries were present to help men seeking God, getting them signed up and connected to a variety of opportunities to grow in their walk with the Lord
“We witnessed some amazing things on Saturday,” said Ronnie Holderby, Men’s Ministry Pastor. “And we were able to successfully highlight the Rock Church Men’s Ministry as a resource in enabling men of all ages to fulfill what God has called them to be here in the Rock Church family, empowering them to go and be the spiritual servant leaders God has called men to be.”
See pictures of the event, go to the Men of the Rock Facebook page here.
For more information about the Men's Ministry, click here »
- So You're Doing A Liquid Fast? (+ more Daniel Fast ideas)
- Fasting Sugar and Processed Foods?
- Answering the Call
- An Unexpected Christmas Blessing
- Going the Distance
- Toys for Joy Celebration 2016
- An Eternal Makeover
- A Follow Up: The Left, Right, and Great Divide
- It's More Than A Toy
- Light in the Darkness