Wednesday, October 17 (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
THURSDAY, October 18 (6:00 PM - 9:00PM)
SATURDAY, October 20 (10:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- You must attend all sessions (Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required.
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (October 20th).
GROUP CRISIS INTERVENTION
This training is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation www.icisf.org. Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
Course Description: Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, the Group Crisis Intervention course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE
$55 Early Bird Price until September 27th
$65 Regular Price after September 28th
For more information about the Chaplains Ministry, click here »