Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers full-cycle recruitment activities including working with hiring managers, posting job advertisements, responding to hiring needs, selecting most effective media to advertise, posting opportunities, sourcing and reviewing resume submissions, scheduling interviews, administering applicant testing and conducting background and reference checks. Implements and executes on the Rock’s Talent Acquisition strategy, evaluates recruitment sources for effectiveness and cost, and assists with workforce planning including proper staffing requirements currently and future activity.
- Negotiates and/or supports hiring manager in developing new hire compensation package/offers.
- Coordinates the placement of ads utilizing online job boards, internal job postings and school postings. Works with external recruiters as necessary.
- Network with other ministry resources to recruit highly qualified, ministry-minded individuals. Corresponds with recruiting firms and temporary staffing agencies and oversee strategic third party agency relationships.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal clients at all levels in order to influence and coach on appropriate recruiting and hiring decisions.
- Assist with administration of Strengths and WSP tests for applicants and employees.
- Creates and executes on social media and relationship building strategies to secure pre-employment interest and loyalty to the Rock. Monitors, updates and engages in all Employment-related Social Media channels. (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Indeed.com etc.)
- Prepare new hire paperwork and conduct new hire orientation, including applicable trainings (including those required by federal or state laws).
- Lead various HR department programs as assigned, i.e., Leave Administration, Career Development programs, etc.
- Assist with the administration of new and current benefits programs and vendors including administrative procedures, legal and compliance documents, form creation and maintenance and documentation of processes both internally and with external vendors.
- Help with providing recommendations for new plan offerings and plan design changes.
- Perform financial analyses, cost estimates, and annual budget for benefits plans.
- Assist in the administration of employee payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, and worker’s compensation claims and unemployment claims.
- Research and stay up to date on legal, regulatory, and legislation changes and updates regarding employment laws and HR-related issues and regulatory matters.
- Research and integrate established “best practices” of other innovating ministries and businesses.
- Leads Recruitment meetings to discuss updates, progress, process improvement ideas, or any other issues related to staffing with HR/Ops Manager.
- Update and audit employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses. Assist with audits of files, records, and claims.
- Regulatory and legal compliance and maintaining records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensure timely and accurate required filings with administrative and government agencies.
- Respond to requests from staff and leadership in a timely manner, ensuring the highest level of customer service, professionalism, integrity and follow through.
- Provide support to employees regarding the use of the Rock’s HRIS or other electronic HR, payroll or benefits systems as necessary.
- Maintain, update, and audit personnel files, I-9 binder, background check binder, EEOC binder to ensure that all information is current and up-to-date.
- Coordinates HR related forms and documentation (e.g., LOAs, W/C claims, employment verification, filing, COBRA, benefit enrollment, etc.)
- Works with functional leaders to ensure that internal customer requests/needs for HR services are being met in a timely and effective manner.
- Analyzes, interprets, develops and implements HR policies, programs and procedures.
- Maintain the Rock’s HRIS (or other electronic HR, payroll or benefits systems) and compile data from personnel records and prepare reports as necessary.
- Assist in the planning and organization of employee events and functions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The above summary of duties and responsibilities represents the primary tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the HR/Ops Manager.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- At least three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of HR principles, practices, laws and administration.
- Experience with an HRIS System.
- Related HR certifications preferred.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Accurately follow verbal and written instructions.
- Effective time management.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Docs, an HRIS or other electronic HR, payroll or benefits systems.
- Recommend and advise on HR process enhancements and changes.
- Requires limited supervision and direction.
- Project management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and find appropriate and effective solutions. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and Human Resources.
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events which includes annual gala
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian church)
- Regular involvement in church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to your home church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal-oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106