The Associate Campus Director (ACD) will report to the East County Campus Pastor and be responsible for recruiting, training, and shepherding team members/leaders in all areas of ministry, including rGroups, LIFE Class, and Young Adults. The ACD will be eligible to participate in a Pastoral Growth Track with our Pastoral Leadership and will be considered for Rock Church Pastoral Licensure after one year of employment. Any applicants who are already a Rock Church Licensed Pastor will be considered for the Associate Campus Pastor role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the growth of rGroups, LIFE Class, and Young Adults.
- Acts as liaison for MOS Women’s and Men’s ministries.
- Identify goals and desired results for rGroups, LIFE Class, and Young Adults.
- Ensures the day to day operations of rGroups, LIFE Class, and Young Adults are conducted in a manner that will honor God.
- Shepherds, guides, and leads team member/leaders within the ministries responsible for.
- Develops and implements a team member growth strategy that helps recruit and develop leaders spiritually and in their roles.
- Provides Biblical guidance and counseling as needed.
- Exemplifies servant leadership to ministry leaders.
- Attends and participates in weekly team meetings and regular pastoral meetings.
- Serves as a support staff for weekend services.
- Part of the Pastoral Care Team providing counseling, weddings, funerals, and other sacerdotal duties.
- Participates in Baptism events.
- Assists in facilitating Saturday Prayer.
- Helps with Sunday Services/ Announcements/ Set up and Closing.
- Assists Campus Pastor in Pastoral Meetings when applicable or asked to.
- Identifies needs of congregants and meets with those who need biblical counseling, reconciliation or pastoral guidance.
- Handles all administrative duties for rGroups, LIFE Class and Young Adults, and all duties pertaining to those ministries.
- Assist daily guests to the Church that need resources, biblical council, or restoration.
- Provides support for Set up and tear down for Weekly Ministry events at Church
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- At least 4 years of experience in church or ministry-related organization.
- Degree in Theology and/or M.Div. preferred, but not required.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the East County Department.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders and others, as needed.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Ability to provide sound, biblical counsel while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events which includes annual gala
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian church)
- Regular involvement in church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to your home church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal-oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.