Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Simulcast Support Responsibilities:
- Answer questions related to the simulcast event
- Make phone calls to churches and organizations regarding the simulcast event
- Manage contact lists for Rock Church
- Proof content for simulcast event communication
- Provide day of event support for Live Simulcast by assisting Executive Office Manager
- Coordinate logistics of Live Simulcast event
- Research book signing locations for Book Tour
- Manage Merchandise Shipping and Reconciliation for Simulcast event and book tour
- Assist in managing the weekly calendar that tracks assets and key deliverables
- Work alongside other departments to obtain and update resources for website that churches can access
Executive Office Team Support:
- Assist Executive Office Manager in coordination of meetings, staff events, and monthly staff meetings.
- Office Administration, including, but not limited to, mail, phone calls, email, and budget.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Assist with Volunteer Team Communication
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Executive Office Manager.
Education, Training, and Experience
- An associate’s degree or its equivalent with at least three years of experience assisting an executive or in a related area.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred
- 1-2 years of event experience preferred
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Spiritually mature while pursuing a deeper relationship with Christ.
- A determined and motivated work ethic in all areas of administration.
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent note taking ability as well as the ability to organize them into concise thoughts that can be converted into instructional steps for other readers.
- Flexible in nature to handle other duties and special projects as needed.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the Department.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in groups problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders and others.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Active Listener, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Oriented, while actively looking for ways to help people.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events which includes annual gala
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian church)
- Regular involvement in church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to your home church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal-oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106