The RYC & Outreach Administrator provides assistance to the Outreach Pastor, oversees the process of new ministries, captures all monthly report activity and relates it on a monthly report, assists with major events for the RYC & Outreach department and maintains contacts in Fellowship One database. Incumbent reports directly to the Outreach Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains calendar and appointments including meetings, events, speaking engagements, conferences, and manages the email inbox for the Outreach Pastor.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting Outreach Pastor ministry expense reimbursements.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the RYC & Outreach department to ensure overall efficiency by performing general office duties, including but not limited to filing, mailing, copying, typing, organizing, answering phones, executing projects and on-demand tasks. Also provides administrative support to the Outreach Pastor.
- Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep congregation and public informed of RYC & Outreach ministries and activities.
- Gathers data, prepares and distributes fact sheets, transformational stories, or scripts to InterCom and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing RYC & Outreach activities.
- Identifies and utilizes community resources to recruit and encourage volunteerism.
- Assists with all major RYC & Outreach events including but not limited to; Appreciation Dinners, Ministry Fairs, department conferences, and events. Creates and maintains a process to regularly evaluate the RYC & Outreach ministries, relative to the church DNA, Mission and Purpose.
- Develops and maintains relationships with RYC & Outreach ministry volunteers through weekly emails, phone calls and appreciation events.
- Assists with all RYC & Outreach ministry team events; quarterly.
- Coordinates and prepares for monthly team vitals meeting, which includes compiling and ensuring accurate data, preparing documents and presentations for the department.
- Facilitates ministry leader transitions, conducts accounting training with new leaders.
- Processes all accounting and budgeting requests for individual RYC & Outreach ministries and Directors and Outreach Pastor.
- Assists all ministries with their Facebook pages to ensure information is relevant and current.
- Assists in developing and implementing a strategic plan for the RYC & Outreach Ministry.
- Assists and executes annual RYC & Outreach Department visions, goals, and budgets.
- Disciples and trains all volunteer admins.
- Assists with Outreach Ministry Sunday bulletin section, collects ad content and assigns lobby tables.
- Assists all potential Outreach Ministries with 5-step approval application.
- Assists with collection, process and update of ministry leader background checks.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Outreach Pastor.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes assignments, and provides excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the SES – RYC & Outreach Department.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in-group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Must be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. Externaland internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.