The Facilities Manager will be responsible for supervising, coordinating and administering the facilities operations of the Rock Church. This manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in establishing annual Facilities objectives and strategies.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment, development and scheduling.
- Assists Facilities Campus Lead with multisite inspections and coordination.
- Coordinates with Director of Facilities on Preventative and Standard Inspection scheduling.
- Orders, maintains, and ensures availability of all support equipment.
- Ensures the regular inspection of all fire systems and related equipment and coordinates the needed inspections thereof.
- Updates Director of Facilities on a regular basis regarding maintenance requests and event planning/coordination.
- Assist with daily operations of facilities to include upkeep, maintenance, and janitorial support.
- Coordinates as needed volunteer staff to ensure building cosmetics and functionality are kept to the highest of standards.
- Contacts outside maintenance contractors as necessary and supervises them while onsite.
- Coordinates with Facilities A/V/L Manager with the ministry event schedule and assists/coordinates in necessary set-up and breakdown.
- Manages maintenance request system and delegates requests.
- Oversees the organization of storage and work area.
- Ensures the cleanliness and routine maintenance of all Rock Church vehicles.
- Maintains and assists in facilities budget.
- Manages assigned projects and contracts under than 100K
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Director of Facilities.
Education, Training, and Experience
- BS in building sciences or equivalent preferred with 5 years facilities management experience.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Five years in facilities management.
- Maintains a Class C driver’s license. (In accordance with the employee’s auto insurance carrier and less than two DMV points on driving record.)
- Positively represents and promotes Rock Church in all circumstances.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Knows how to promote teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Flexibility to work week weekends and alternative hours coinciding with Church related events.
- Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Proficient in MS Window operating system, Microsoft Office, Internet E-mail, and Internet usage.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which include: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.