The Facilities Technician will be responsible for providing maintenance services for the Rock Church Facilities, ensures proper upkeep of all Rock worship facilities and assists with all ministries. The Technician reports directly to the Facilities Manager at Point Loma.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine painting, plumbing, and other related maintenance activities, using hand and power tools.
- Coordinates volunteer staff to ensure building cosmetics and functionality is kept to the highest of standards.
- Contacts outside maintenance contractors as necessary and supervises them while on site.
- Assist office staff with maintenance and/or handy-man needs.
- Assists in the general up keep of all Rock Church worship facilities.
- Ensures trash and garbage containers are emptied regularly.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs, maintenance, or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- May tend to HVAC to provide and maintain a comfortable environment.
- Reviews ministry event schedule and performs necessary set-up and breakdown.
- Maintains organized storage and work areas.
- Determines the most strategic and cost-efficient solution for challenges as they arise while demonstrating a good use of time, money and materials.
- Assist with recruiting and development of volunteers.
- Performs weekly building inspections of Rock Facilities.
- Participates in maintenance-related education.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is on schedule.
- Assist or manage projects as assigned.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Facilities Manager. Work may be performed at any of the Rock Church locations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Associates degree in electrical or mechanical systems. 2 years experience in Facilities preferred.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Pleasant personality (i.e., speaking to people on the phone, visitors and staff).
- Ability to use good judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Legible writing skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which include: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 50lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. Externaland internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.