The Classroom Aide supports the educational leadership of the classroom teachers and assists in the creation of a dynamic, safe, creative, and nurturing environment. The assistant provides support in the following areas: Small group Instruction, Movement Activities, Behavioral Management, Organizational and Clerical Duties, and Recess Supervision. This position strives daily to bring the Living Word to students, some of whom do not, as of yet, have a personal relationship with Christ. The Classroom Aide works under the direct supervision of the Rock Academy Elementary Principal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Monday-Friday.
- Support the Classroom teachers
- Help equip students to be ready to succeed at the next grade level
- Support a variety of student’s academic and behavioral needs
- Establish, maintain and demonstrate Christ-like standards for student behavior.- Plan and implement classroom procedures and routinesthat support student learning.-Use instructional time effectively and efficiently.
- Keep classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Complete any additional work needed during hours beyond outlined daily schedule.
- Follow the Elementary School academic calendar, including professional development days.
- As needed, provide lunch and recess supervision, PE and elective class coverage and chapel planning.
- Ensure that all work areas have supplies and are restocked as needed.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties.This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.Therefore, the individual may be asked to perform other related tasks under the direction of the Rock Academy Elementary Principal.
- BA degree required and credential preferred.
- Dress appropriately (See Staff Handbook)
- Call Rock Academy administrators if an absence or tardy arrival is anticipated.A message may be left, but continue to call back until the staff is reached in person.
- Attend all meetings required of the academy staff, as needed.
- Never use corporal punishment; never use abusive words, acts, or behavior towards any child, parent or staff member (If found to have violated anyone’s personal rights, it will be grounds for immediate termination).
- Regular involvement in Rock Academy activities, ministries and events (ie, Christmas/Spring programs, sports activities such as Homecoming game, afterschool activities, dances, etc.)
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Good Communication
- Collaborative team oriented approach to tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with school age children and parents
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Well organized and conscientious
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC or PC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Member of a Christian church
- Regular involvement in home Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to a Christian church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs .This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. Externaland internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.