Responsible to provide a safe and fun environment for our Day Camps Program. This includes but is not limited to direct supervision of children, as well as program planning and implementation.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists in the daily operation of Day Camps Program.
- Plans and coordinates activities in alignment with children’s needs.
- Responsible for group activity and check in.
- Completes planning and preparation of craft, sport and group games.
- Communicates effectively and confidentially with parents.
- Oversees general cleanup of program areas, assists in cleanliness of campus.
- Maintains professional conduct treating children with dignity, respect and loyalty.
- Maintains professionalism and loyalty to the program and supports the policies of Rock Academy.
- Ensures the safety of all children, and that all safety guidelines and properly implemented and maintained.
Education Training And Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Skills Knowledge Abilities
- Must be able to support beliefs of The Rock Academy and The Rock Church through conduct and conversation.
- Must be undergoing professional preparations to be a leader of young children or have experience working with young children.
- Warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with program goals.
Organizational And Spiritual Requirements
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a plus.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications obtained within 10 days of employment.