South Fortuna Mountain Hike
Saturday, Oct. 28, 7:45 - 11 a.m.
Join the Hiking Ministry as we journey to South Fortuna Mountain. We will access the South Fortuna Trail via the Oak Canyon and Fortuna Saddle Trails. Meet at 7:45 a.m. for worship and the adventure begins at 8 a.m., so please arrive on time. Hope to see you all there!
Park in the dirt lot at the corner of Bushy Hill Dr. and Father Junipero Serra Trail and meet at the kiosk sign.
THIS HIKE IS DIFFICULT! Please self-evaluate your hiking level before attempting this hike.
Afterwards, if there is interest, we can go out to eat and continue fellowship.
For we walk by faith, not by sight - 2 Corinthians 5:7
Click here to see the map.
DO NOT GO TO THE VISITOR CENTER OR THE MAST BLVD. ENTRANCE!
- Difficulty: Difficult with steep inclines and loose, rocky trails
- Highlights: Beautiful views both east and west
- Distance: 5.2 miles (Round trip)
- Elevation Gain: 902'
- Hiking Time: approximately 3 hours
- Dogs (on leash) permitted
- Weather: Hike may be cancelled if it rains
- Restrooms: At the Kumeyaay Lake Campground and porta-pottys
by the Old Mission Dam
What to bring?
- Good running or hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothing, bring layers as it will get warm
- Hat or visor
- Hiking Poles (optional)
- Water (at least 1 liter recommended)
Parking Lot Across from Kumeyaay Lake Campground
Corner of Bushy Hill Dr. and Father Junipero Serra Trail
San Diego, CA 92119