Behind the veil of the sex industry from initial recruitment to victim liberation-and everything in between. The previously veiled underworld of sex slavery is uncovered.
Free movie followed by Q & A with a young lady who was trafficked and a victim's father.
Location: 701 16th San Diego, CA 92101
HIDDEN TREASURES FOUNDATION
Hidden Treasures Foundation rescues victims and provides an aftercare program of restoration for their lives. The victims receive spiritual, emotional, physical and social healing in a program centered on the saving grace and healing power of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Did you know?
- The average age that a victim is first trafficked for sex in the U.S. is just 12-13 years old.
- Many victims are runaway girls who have already suffered sexual abuse as children.
- Traffickers or pimps are master manipulators who gain a victim’s trust before forcing them into commercial sex acts and keeping them compliant through false love relationships, violence and drugs.
- California harbors three of FBI’s 13 highest child sex trafficking areas in the nation: Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.
- The prevalence and anonymity of the internet has fueled the rapid growth of sex
trafficking, making the trade of women and children easier than ever before.