If you sense a call by God to make a real difference in individuals and their families, please give prayerful consideration regarding you involvement in the Pastoral Ministry. The Pastoral Support Team program begins January 25th. We are currently accepting applications for the 2015-16 class. Applications should be turned in no later than Dec 31st.
Pastoral Ministry Team Commitments
- This ministry involves a minimum of 10 hours a week. Including 2 hours instruction, 5 hours Pastoral Ministry and office hours and 3 hours serving at a church service. Please make sure your schedule allows you this time commitment. Our care and service is to the church at large.
- Teaching Cluster - Participants will meet once a week for 2 hours for leadership training and Group study with the Rock Church pastoral leadership (Sundays 2-4pm)
- Pastoral Ministry - Participants will sere at a Sunday Rock Church service as well as a shift in the Pastoral Ministry offices during the week to serve in a pastoral leadership role as well as providing pastoral care for hospital visitations, funerals, weddings, baptisms, etc. Also will be assigned the Rock Church Emergency phone 1 week each year.
- LIFE Group - Participants will meet with assigned LIFE Group Leaders once a month for 1 hour for accountability, prayer, and to connect.
- Submit a Pastoral Support Team Application HERE or download HERE
- Submit a formal ministry resume of education, ministry experience and related background information. (Outreach ministries, academic education, ministry trainings & small groups)
- Submit a 1-page summary of purpose, affirming one's call and direction of ministry
- Acquire a letter of endorsement from a Rock Church ministry leader or Pastor
All application parts can be submitted to Sarah Moesta, Pastoral Care Administrator. You can e-mail, drop off application at the info desk or mail to:
The Rock Church
ATTN: Sarah Moesta, Pastoral Care Administrator
2277 Rosecrans Street
San Diego, CA 92106