This training will be held at Rock Church City Heights 4001 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92105
FRIDAY, June 9th 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM and SATURDAY, June 10TH 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
You must attend both sessions (Friday& Saturday) to receive certification
Pre-Registration is required! **Space is limited**
A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (June 10th) and there will be a 1 hour break for hour of power prayer at 10:30-11:30am.
ROCK COMMUNITY CHAPLAINCY TRAINING
This training is certified by the Rock Church. Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
- Understand the nature of human crisis
- Understand the nature of crisis intervention and related chaplaincy services
- Be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of the crisis state
- Be able to recognize the "crisis of faith."
- Be familiar with the basic criteria triage.
- Review the most common chaplain mistakes
- Review the most challenging chaplain calls
- Review the most common chaplain venues
- Review "self-care" issues
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD, Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE
For more information about the Chaplains Ministry, click here »