Baby Dedications - CITY HEIGHTS
The family was the first institution created by God between a man and a woman. Parent/Baby Dedication is when we give back to God what belongs to Him (1 Samuel 1:27-28).This ceremony is not a substitute for the child's ultimate personal responsibility before God. In no way does this ceremony guarantee salvation or serve as a substitute for the personal need for children to accept Christ as Lord when they are aware enough to understand the gospel.
The Dedication Ceremony is a commitment by the parents or parent to train and teach their child principles, to trust in God, and be thankful for this blessing. Therefore, we dedicate the child/children of married couples (man and woman) and the child/children of a single parent who is committed to God in the development of the child and will be obedient to His Word and the following covenant:
- I/We will make Jesus Christ the Foundation of our home (1 Cor 3:11)
- I/We will keep the Passion for God before us always (Deut 5:29)
- I/We will fight for the Authority of God before our Family (Neh 4:14)
- I/We will place trust in God's Grace for life (Gal 2:20)
- I/We will love my family Unconditionally as God loves us (Eph 5:25)
IMPORTANT: Parents are required to take a short Child Dedication class BEFORE their children can be dedicated at this service. Please contact Rebecca Ruiz at [email protected] for more information on date, time and location.
Baby dedications are held on stage for babies up to 24 months. Children over 24 months of age will be dedicated in a ceremony on your church campus.
For more information about the Children's Ministry, click here »