This training will be held at Rock Church Point Loma - 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106
FRIDAY, March 22nd 6:00PM - 9:00PM AND SATURDAY, March 23rd 8:30AM - 5:00PM
- You must attend both sessions (Friday& Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required! **Space is limited**
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (March 23rd)
ROCK COMMUNITY CHAPLAINCY TRAINING
This training is certified by the Rock Church. Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
- Understand the nature of human crisis
- Understand the nature of crisis intervention and related chaplaincy services
- Be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of the crisis state
- Be able to recognize the "crisis of faith."
- Be familiar with the basic criteria triage.
- Review the most common chaplain mistakes
- Review the most challenging chaplain calls
- Review the most common chaplain venues
- Review "self-care" issues
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD, Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE