Here's what coming up this Christmas weekend at Rock Church. Be sure to join us!
Invite your family and friends to both Christmas services!
*Deaf interpretation available at the following locations:
12/21 Floodgate at Point Loma
12/23 Sunday at Point Loma, East County, and San Marcos
12/24 Christmas Eve at Point Loma
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow Me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” -John 8:12
The Bible tells us that Jesus is the “light of the world” and that all who follow Him will not have to live in darkness. For this reason, each Sunday will focus on the theme of the "light of the world" through the Bible message, personal experiences, and anecdotes. As a church, we also want to be a light to the world through sharing Jesus' love in extraordinary and unexpected ways. This Christmas, let's take the opportunity to be the light in the world around us
Let's do extraordinary acts of kindness for those around us this Christmas! Each week, we encourage you to take your rGroup and bless someone with incredible love. Be a light in the world with your rGroup!
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas:
- Create Christmas baskets and deliver to three neighbors (left, right, and directly across from you); include invitation to Church/Christmas services
- Reverse Drive Through: Instead of placing an order, wish the worker a Merry Christmas and give them a small gift which includes an invitation to Church / Christmas services
- Reverse Grocery Shopping: When checking out at a store, give the checker a small gift and an invitation to Church / Christmas services
- Go to a homeless shelter and/or rehab program: Sing Christmas carols, bring cookies and other treats, then share the message of hope
- Visit a Senior Center: Sing carols, sit with residents, and hear their stories
- Ride the Bus or Trolley: Sing carols, talk with riders, give away gift cards/bus passes/trolley passes plus an invitation to church
- Donate a Christmas Tree with the trimmings and provide a couple of practical things such as gift cards to a local grocery store or to a local restaurant
- Labors of Love for the Elderly or a Single Mom: Mow the lawn, do some yard work, walk their dog, change lightbulbs or smoke detector batteries, plus add in invitation to church
- Or come up with your own!
Share your random acts of kindness on your social media posts, and use the hashtag #lightoftheworld and tag @therocksandiego
If possible, we’d like you to also video record whatever you decide to do, then email it to [email protected] so it can be shared with others at the Rock!