Registration NOW OPEN!
Faith-based Children's Programming available for kids 12 and under
Discover the joys and trials of the adoption process! Well discuss the fears and misconceptions surrounding foster care, how to prepare for opening you heart, home, and marriage to a child; post-placement support; as well as issues specific foster care and special needs resources. Guest speakers and foster care and adoption professionals will provide additional insights at breakout sessions.
As of March 29, breakout sessions to include:
- Getting Started as Foster Parent (Private and County Foster Care Orientations)
- Advocating for your Foster Kids
- Establishing Family traditions/Creative Living
- From Boy to Man
- Five Love Languages for Kids
- How Foster Parenting Changes YOU!
- Panel of Non-Professional Foster Care Experts
- Teen Trails and Triumphs
Resource Gallery: County Office of Education Student Services (foster youth division), Olive Crest, Rockpile Bookstore, therapists and counselors specializing in foster-adoption, Grossmont College Foster Education Program, after school programs, books, and more!
Certified Foster Families will receive a certificate for four hours of on-going training. Oh yeah, and free food.