Big Bear XC ONLY! (BIG
BEAR IS NOW CLOSED TO DH)-
Snow Summit Park in Big Bear - LA
Intermediate & Advanced XC
This is all day riding. The lifts close at 4PM. There is a wide variety of XC trails to choose from.
Arrive in Big Bear 9:00,
Hit the Chairlifts 9:30
Cost - $20 all day lift
The Big Bear Valley offers a vast collection of mountain biking trails and is known as one of the hot beds of the sport. Mountain bikers of all ages and skill level will find the ideal two-wheel adventure in Big Bear. From the top of the Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair, mountain bikers have the option of nearly 40 miles of cross-country forest service roads and single-track trails surrounding the resort. Mountain bikers who are interested in flatter, less technical riding terrain can hop on one of the many beginner friendly trails that run through the base area of the resort.
For novice riders, the Bristlecone Trail east of the base area and Towne Trail to the west offer gentle, rolling terrain that is a perfect introduction to mountain biking. Intermediates will find slightly more challenging terrain from the top of the Scenic Sky Chair includingSkyline Drive, which rolls across the top of the ridge with great views of Big Bear Lake. A short, steep single-track climb takes you to Grandview Point, which is a great spot to take a break and is the starting point of a thrilling downhill to Towne Trail and back to Snow Summit. It's a nine-mile loop and one of the most popular rides in the area. Those who are looking for more time in the saddle can stay on Skyline Drive all the way to the Champion Lodge pole Pine then loop back to the resort making an epic 16 miler.
The Mountain Bike Center is a separate business located at the base of the Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair. Team Big Bear carries one of the largest bike rental fleets in California as well as some mountain bike accessories. Click Here for more details.
$20 all day.
NOTE Helmets are
MANDATORY on all Rock MTB rides NO EXCEPTIONS.
This includes EVERYONE! The person who left their helmet on the table at home... Please dont put us in the unfortunate position of not letting you ride. Besides, you will not be allowed on the mountain without one. We care deeply about everyones health and have seen too many examples of why helmets are needed.
What to bring:
1. Helmet no helmet, NO RIDE, no exceptions.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR... yes thats right, you guessed it, your HELMET!
3. Water is available at the bottom of the chairlift, it is recommended bring your "Camelback" It may get VERY HOT this is all day riding.
4. FOOD - Or there are places to eat in town and on the mountain. Bring energy type bars to munch on while on the lift.
6. CAMERA optional but it is spectacular scenery. We will be taking some pictures
Directions: For those not following in the
(Approx. 3hr drive)
1. 15 North
2. Take 215 North towards Riverside/San Bernardino
3. Take 10 East towards Redlands
4. Take the CA-30 East/Highland exit
5. Take the 330 North exit towards MTN Resorts, this will turn into the CA-18. (approx 15 miles of mountainous curvy roads)
6. Continue on CA-18 towards Big Bear Lake (Need to take a Right where the Big Bear Lake dam is)
7. Continue on Big
Should arrive at Snow Summit around 9am, the group will hope on the chairlift at 9:30am.