The Substitute Teacher (K-12) is responsible for educating and equipping all students to give them the academic, spiritual, emotional and physical tools needed to become Christian leaders. This position strives daily to bring the Living Word to students, some of whom do not, as of yet, have a personal relationship with Christ. Incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Elementary and Secondary Administrators.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Effectively teaches a weekly Lesson Plan with age appropriate activities for the age group served.
- Updates weekly grades, lesson plans and homework, as due for posting on On-line grade book by Friday at 5PM.
- Keeps classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Completes any additional work needed during hours beyond outlined daily schedule.
- Follows the grade school academic calendar, including professional development days.
- As needed, provides lunch and recess supervision, PE and elective class coverage and chapel planning.
- Ensures that all work areas have supplies and are restocked as needed. The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Elementary and Secondary Administrators.
Education Training And Experience
- BA degree and CA credential required.
Job Skills Knowledge Abilities
- Strong oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in-group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced working environment with minimal supervision.
Organizational And Spiritual Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:1
- Successful completion of both a LiveScan and reference check.
- Regular attendee of a Bible believing Christian church, to be reviewed by Administration.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings (and events, as needed).
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Academy Staff Handbook.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance. Staff should set a good, modest example to students by dressing in “professional casual” attire.
Ability to function independently and ability to speak. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.