Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Nurture and care for children while parents are in ministry meetings or Rock Church special events.
- Maintains classroom safety by ensuring all child safety measures are being adhered to, including adequate staffing and monitoring of classrooms.
- Organize activities and implement faith-based curriculum that stimulate children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth.
- Supervise children while they are playing inside or outside on the playground.
- Set up and breakdown room in preparation for Rock Kids Care activities.
- Clean up after kids and wipe down toys, tables and other classroom surfaces.
- Manage classroom check-in, checkout, and child-volunteer ratios.
- Communicate with children in a Christ-like manner providing positive reinforcement and encouragement. Engage with children during play, worship, and art activities. The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Rock Kids Care Specialist.
Education Training And Experience
- One-year childcare certification from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One-year experience in working in Children’s ministry or childcare (paid or volunteer).
Job Skills Knowledge Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations. Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in-group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Must be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Organizational And Spiritual Requirements
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance).
- This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
- External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106