The Youth Director will be responsible for recruiting, developing, leading, and shepherding the youth (6th-12th grade) for Rock Church San Marcos. The Youth Director will develop a successful Middle School and High School Ministry while also reaching out into the community. Incumbent will report to the San Marcos Campus Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages on-site Middle School and High School Ministries.
- Helps develop and implement age appropriate curriculum that is Biblical and relevant to the youth.
- Coordinates outreach events that target the “un-churched” youth in an effort to lead people to Christ.
- Recruits and trains youth and youth Team Members.
- Implements Youth Rock Groups.
- Develops relationships within local public schools to ensure a strong presence.
- Attends Strategic local youth activities and events in the community.
- Ensures that Sunday Youth services run smoothly and the Gospel is clearly communicated.
- Provides guidance to and assists with the growth and development of student leaders.
- Administers general Biblical counseling to youth and families.
- Responds to requests from the congregation and community in a timely fashion, ensuring the highest level of customer service, professionalism, integrity and follow through.
- Interacts regularly with individual department heads and ministry leaders to ensure that the department/ministry’s operational priorities are aligned with the Rock’s direction and goals.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the San Marcos Campus Pastor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Divinity degree preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of two years of Youth Ministry experience.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to understand and relate to youth and families of San Marcos and North County.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and goal oriented.
- Possess servant leadership qualities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, and lead youth as well as volunteer staff.
- Ability to interact with other individuals in a positive and customer focused manner.
- Ability to learn new concepts and able to comprehend and implement multifaceted strategies.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events which includes annual gala
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian church)
- Regular involvement in church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to your home church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal-oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.