Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads in managing live audio mixing/monitoring/recording at PL campus.
- Helps to fulfill audio requirements for church functions and special events.
- Participates in production meetings & staff meetings.
- Assists with post production audio mixing for videos, podcasts, and other special audio needs.
- Leads in establishing system planning & procedures for PL campus audio systems, and multisite systems when required.
- Partners with production team members in all aspects to ensure Sunday technicalexecution is distraction free and supports building an environment for people to experience God.
- Ability to support multiple production and staging responsibilities. (Video, Lighting, Rigging, Scenic)
- Serves our volunteer teams, cultivating an environment for teaching and engagement.
- Assists in recruiting and retention of volunteer teams.
- Supervises & oversees the training of staff audio engineering/technicians at PL campus.
- Coordinates, trains, mobilizes both staff, contractors and volunteer teams to fulfill audio needs.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Candidate has 5+ years of professional audio experience
- BA/BS degree in Audio, Recording, Production, Media, Communication or related field preferred but not required.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Technical ability to work on a variety of sound/video/lighting systems.
- Proficient in mixing both FOH and Monitors from multiple large format digital consoles.
- Shop experience, managing inventory, soldering, repairs, diagnostics, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with HiQnet, Smaart, BSS Soundweb, Media Matrix, Wireless Workbench, Sennheiser WSM, Winradio (or frequency coordination equivalent) & Protools.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. Externaland internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106