Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the administration of RK ministry & provide full administrative support to the RK Pastor
- Complete purchase orders & other finance documents for RK ministry inc. tracking & reconciling the monthly RK budget
- Implement a communications plan for all RK programs & events
- Organize & maintain the RK ministry calendar
- Schedule meetings and appointments as directed by the RK Pastor
- Works as a liaison with other ministries, as directed by the RK Pastor, to support the overall vision & purpose of the RK ministry
- Completes all facility & bulletin requests on behalf of the RK ministry
- Information preparation tasks - manages correspondence, compiles data for reports such as Attendance & Campus Vitals, creates presentations & meeting agendas on behalf of the RK Pastor, provides meeting transcription & notes
- Provides Sunday support as needed and scheduled by the RK Pastor
- Works with the RK Pastor and Rock Academy on collaborative communication as well as solutions to update the overall aesthetics of the shared areas
Education, Training, and Experience:
- 3 years minimum experience serving in a church ministry; children or administrative preferred
- Two years volunteer service in a ministry or working directly with other volunteers
- Proficient in database management; presentation software – Mac preferred
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Ability to design, monitor and track files as necessary for job function
- Pleasant personality and ability to interact in a consistent positive manner using a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and courtesy in gesture and in speech
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, including potentially harmful or threatening issues or situations, and quickly apply resources in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects and minimize civil liability
- Ability to work well under pressure, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to speak to large groups on security matters and relay instruction as appropriate
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services, Toys for Joy, as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event
- Member of the Rock Church L.I.F.E program and demonstrates the ability to work in line with the Rock Mission, Vision and Values (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. Externaland internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106