The role of the Spanish Department at the Rock Academy is to facilitate students’ fluency within spoken, written, listening, and cultural aspects of the Spanish language. We provide an environment which encourages students to speak the majority of the class period in the target language along with experiential opportunities to embrace the Hispanic culture. Students participate in communicative activities to enable them to speak Spanish in “real life” situations.
The role of the Home Economics Department is to provide students with opportunities to continue their academic growth through creative educational experiences that teach valuable life skills. Students receive instruction and hands on experiences in order to develop the skills to effectively meet the following goals: good health and nutrition become responsible parents and family members, manage personal finances, become positive leaders and citizens, and make educated choices. This course is designed to help students one day live on their own by learning and practicing necessary living tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Equip students for a seamless transition to college.
- Effectively write and teach a daily Lesson Plan with age appropriate activities for the age group served. Write curriculum documents for accreditation process by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) as needed. (Subs are not responsible for this) Update weekly grades, lesson plans and homework, as due for posting on On-line grade book by Friday at 5PM. Monthly, unit plans and daily lesson plans must be submitted to administration (Subs are not responsible for this)
- Be on time at the start of shift, ready and prepared to begin the day. Faculty are required to be on campus from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM each weekday.
- Inform administration when leaving campus during contracted hours.
- Keep classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Complete any additional work needed during hours beyond outlined daily schedule.
- Follow the school academic calendar, including professional development days (These days are mandatory and not available for personal days).
- As needed, provide lunch and recess supervision, PE and elective class coverage and chapel planning.
- Ensure that all work areas have supplies and are restocked as needed.
- Attend all meetings required of the academy staff, as needed.
- Regular involvement in Rock Academy activities, ministries and events (ie, Christmas/Spring programs, sports activities such as Homecoming game, afterschool activities, dances, Pre-view Days, 3 Day Jr/Sr High School Retreat, etc.)
Education, Training, and Experience:
- BA degree required, some experience and credential are Preferred
- Fluency in both the English and Spanish language is Preferred
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provides excellent student/parent relations.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English and Spanish.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Dress appropriately. (See Staff Handbook)
- Call Rock Academy administrators if an absence or tardy arrival is anticipated. A message may be left, but continue to call back until the staff is reached in person.
- Participate in the Rock Academy devotional readings or other spiritual and educational aides required by the Rock Academy administrators.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Member of the Rock Church (or if Academy, a Christian Church).
- Regular involvement in Church activities, ministries and events.
- Expected to tithe 10% to your home Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106