A Rock Academy teacher is a good role model who represents Jesus Christ to our student body and community. He/She provides a well-rounded education for students while guiding and encouraging students to develop their relationship with Christ. Work is performed under the supervision of the elementary administration.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops lesson plans that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A/B.S degree from an accredited institution or related field teaching.
- CA credential preferred but not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.