"These who have turned the world upside down."Acts 17:6
The Rock Church is committed to the vision of Pervasive Hope to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every street and every person through the lives of people being transformed by the Holy Spirit within a dynamic community life that reflects Jesus Christ.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:17-18
He who has the Son has THE LIFE, he who does not have the Son of God does not have THE LIFE." 1 John 5:12
1. The promise of the Holy Spirit brought salvation through God's grace through the means of faith and repentance. Acts 2:36-40
The Gospel is the good news of salvation to all who believe. This Word comes not to make bad people good, but to make dead people alive—to transform us! However you may be feeling in the moment, God’s Word is written that you may be encouraged and know the truth.
- If you are lonely and feel abandoned, remember that it is written, "“I will never leave you or forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
- If you feel unworthy and ashamed, remember that we are all unworthy, but Christ is worthy enough for all of us, and that it is written, "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)
- If you feel weary and hopeless, remember, that it is written, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
- If you feel sorrowful or depressed, remember that it is written, "In [His] presence is fullness of joy." (Psalm 16:11)
The love that you feel toward those closest to you is only a taste of the measure of the love God feels for you.
Think about those you love today here on earth. The love that you feel toward those closest to you is only a taste of the measure of the love God feels for you. He sends His Word—living, active, true, and in the flesh of His Son Jesus—to remind you of His love and to empower and equip you to live out your faith.
2. The Holy Spirit transformed God's people as they were equipped to live out their faith within community. Acts 2:41-45
The apostles lived out their faith in community. They shared things in common and invested in each other’s lives. This is God’s plan for all of us.
"Sin demands to have a man by himself. It withdraws him from the community. The more isolated a person is, the more destructive will be the power of sin over him." - Dietrich Bonheoffer, Life Together
A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; he rages against all wise judgment. Proverbs 18:1
We are the most socially connected generation throughout history, but we are also the most lonely. Statistics show that 53% of 18-34 year olds have felt depressed because of loneliness. While we are socially connected, we can remain isolated.
"I know of no more potent killer than isolation. There is no more destructive influence on physical and mental health than isolation of you from me and us from them. Isolation has been shown to be the central agent in the development of depression, paranoia, schizophrenia, rape, suicide, and mass murder." - Dr. Phillip Zimbardo, Standford University
3. A joyful community was then sent back out into the world that others might be saved. Acts 2:46-47
The Rock’s mission statement (to save, equip, and send) is the same mission that the apostles shared in the early church. This can only happen in community, not in isolation. As God said in Genesis 2:18, "It is not good for man to be alone." We were created in his image to experience relationship and community.
4. The fruit of the Holy Spirit will result in transformation not just more information.
Believers living in community, transformed the community in which they live as other people witness transformed lives.
Remember, Jesus is life, and outside of Him, there is no life.
Remember, Jesus is life, and outside of Him, there is no life. He has born all your sins and shame. All He asks from you is repentance, belief, and acceptance of the free gift of life He offers. He empowers all of us to experience transformation and be a catalyst of transformation in the lives of others.