Year 1 - Pastoral Support Team
If you sense a call by God to make a real difference in individuals and their families, please give prayerful consideration regarding your involvement in the Pastoral Ministry Team. We have now finished processing applications for our 2018 class! Please begin filling out the Pastoral Support Team Application for NEXT Year's PST 10 class, starting January 2019.
PST 10 Application Link: https://therocksandiego.wufoo.com/forms/pastoral-support-team-application-2019/
The application deadline for our PST-10 class is December 31, 2018. Please take care in submitting all required documents, listed below, and application by no later than December 31st.
Goal: The purpose of the Pastoral Support Team Mentoring ministry is to equip gifted and called men and women to fulfill their ministry role in the church of Jesus Christ within the mission and vision focus of the Rock Church. This ministry is designed to provide pastoral mentoring within the Pastoral Care services of the Rock Church.
Scope & Sequence of instruction and experience: The Pastoral Support Team mentoring ministry is a minimum fifteen month (February 2019 through April 2020) commitment that begins with a three-month trial (Probation) period. Following the fifteen month term, the leadership team is welcome to continue to serve with the Rock Church Pastoral Ministry on an ongoing basis and to apply to the second-year Pastoral Leadership Training series INFORMATION LINK HERE . The mentorship is considered to be a practical and educational process for mature believers who sense a call to pastoral ministry. There are no tuition costs, however, students will be expected to purchase required reading and study materials. The design of the training process is to give personal instruction and practical experience in the full range of biblical church leadership and evangelistic functions.
Leadership Instruction: On a weekly basis the Pastoral Ministry team will meet for pastoral mentoring and instruction on specific Pastoral Care Ministry roles and functions. The primary areas of instruction and study are: 1. Pastoral Ministry functions (Biblical counseling, weddings, funerals, benevolence, visitations, etc.) 2. Bible Study 3. Introduction to Pastoral Leadership 4. Personal and Team Spiritual Development 5. Kingdom living and the power of the Holy Spirit. As a group, the various study assignments involve reading, discussion, rGroup engagement and rich team-relationship building.
Pastoral Ministry Team Commitments
- This ministry involves a minimum of 6-hours a week. Including 2-hours of instruction, 4-hours of study and applied leadership ministry on Sundays and/or mid-week. Please make sure your schedule allows you to make this time commitment.
- Teaching Cluster - Participants will meet once a week for 2 hours for pastoral training and group study with the Rock Church pastoral leadership (Sundays 2-4pm)
- Pastoral Ministry - Participants will serve at a Sunday Rock Church service as well as a weekday shift in the Pastoral Care Ministry offices at the campus attended. The Pastoral Support Team members serve in a pastoral team role, as well as, provide pastoral care for hospital visitations, funerals, weddings, baptisms, etc. within the desire and calling of the individual PST member preferences.
- rGroup involvement - Participants will meet with assigned rGroup Leaders once a month in class for accountability, prayer, and relationship building.
LIFE Class completion is required for serving with the Pastoral Support Team, If you have not already taken the LIFE Classes you can sign up HERE! LIFE Class is offered at All campuses, every Sunday from 2-4 pm.
LIFE Class requirements:
- Complete ALL 4 LIFE Classes
- Sign and return Honor Code
- Sign and return Membership Covenant
- Complete and return Assessments Page
- Complete Background Check
- Submit a Pastoral Support Team Application
- Complete Online Ministry Application HERE
- Submit a brief ministry resume of education, ministry experience and related background information. (Outreach ministries, academic education, ministry trainings & group involvement)
- Submit a half-page summary of purpose, affirming one's call and direction of ministry.
- Acquire a letter of recommendation from a Rock Church ministry leader or Rock Church Pastor.
All application elements can be submitted online (except the letter of recommendation). Otherwise, print out the application and email a scanned copy to Gerrilyn Noyes, Pastoral Care Administrator at: [email protected] or mail completed documents to:
This ministry operates out of Point Loma and is open to everyone