If you sense a call by God to make a real difference in individuals and their families, please give prayerful consideration regarding your involvement in the Pastoral Ministry. The Pastoral Support Team program has already begun. We will begin accepting applications for 2018-19 class shortly.
The deadline HAS PASSED for our current PST 8 class!
Goal: The purpose of the Pastoral Support Team Mentoring ministry is to equip gifted and called men and women to fulfill their leadership role in the church of Jesus Christ when the mission and vision focus of the Rock Church. This ministry is designed to provide leadership mentoring within the Pastoral Ministry services of the Rock Church.
Scope & Sequence of instruction and experience: The Pastoral Support Team mentoring ministry is a minimum two-year commitment that begins with a three-month trial (Probation) period. Following the two-year term, the leadership team is welcome to continue to serve with the Rock Church Pastoral Ministry on an ongoing basis. The mentorship is considered to be a practical and educational process for mature believers who sense a call to leadership ministry. There are no tuition costs, however, students will be expected to purchase required reading and study materials. The design of the training process is to give personal instruction and practical experience in the full range of biblical church leadership and evangelistic functions.
Leadership Instruction: On a weekly basis the Pastoral Ministry team will meet for leadership mentoring and instruction on specific Pastoral Ministry roles and functions. The primary areas of instruction and study are: 1. Pastoral Ministry functions (Biblical counseling, weddings, funerals, benevolence, visitations, etc.) 2. Bible Study Hermeneutics (Inductive and Historical doctrinal and theology studies), 3. Expository Preaching (Homiletics) 4. Leadership development training and 5. Personal and Team Spiritual Development 5. Christian Ethics, church History and Theodicy. As a group, the various study assignments involve discussion, reading, and research.
Pastoral Ministry Team Commitments
- This ministry involves a minimum of 10 hours a week. Including 2 hours instruction, 5 hours Pastoral Ministry and office hours and 3 hours serving at a church service. Please make sure your schedule allows you this time commitment. Our care and service is to the church at large.
- Teaching Cluster - Participants will meet once a week for 2 hours for leadership training and Group study with the Rock Church pastoral leadership (Sundays 2-4pm)
- Pastoral Ministry - Participants will serve at a Sunday Rock Church service as well as a wekday shift in the Pastoral Ministry offices. The Pastoral Support Team memebers serve in a pastoral leadership role as well as provide pastoral care for hospital visitations, funerals, weddings, baptisms, etc.
- Group - Participants will meet with assigned Group Leaders once a month for 1 hour for accountability, prayer, and to connect.
- Submit a Pastoral Support Team Application
- Submit a formal ministry resume of education, ministry experience and related background information. (Outreach ministries, academic education, ministry trainings & small groups)
- Submit a 1-page summary of purpose, affirming one's call and direction of ministry
- Acquire a letter of endorsement from a Rock Church ministry leader or Pastor
All application parts can be submitted to Gerrilyn Noyes, Pastoral Care Administrator. You can e-mail, drop them off at the info desk or mail to:
This ministry operates out of Point Loma and is open to all of San Diego