What is Selah?
Biblically defined as “pause”, “be still”, & “contemplate”, Selah is a reference point that helps us take time to reflect on the truth & rest in the goodness intended for our life. As an outreach ministry, the belief that there is rest in Jesus, as simply promised in God’s Word is reflected in a gentle and restorative format that is purposeful, safe and effective as an alternative to yoga. Classical, gentle and restorative formats are used and all fitness levels can participate.
You can expect:
- floor matwork and standing balances
- Posture & alignment work
- Position holds exceed 5 breaths.
- Restorative & gentle progression to bring warmth for deep muscle work
- Modifications as needed
- Prayer, scripture led meditation, devotional material reading
- Stillness and surrender
- a cell phone free environment
- ages 13+
Instructor: Hillary Thornton
Other services include scripture-led meditation & prayer, fitness nutrition coaching, outreach retreats and educational speaking
You are viewing ministry info for the Point Loma campus