We are meeting at the Point Loma Campus.
1st Floor, Room 144 (behind the bookstore)
After you enter the lobby, walk past the elevators and the bookstore, go through the double doors on your right, and walk all the way down the walkway almost to the end. Room 144 will be on your right.
Devotional (6:00pm-7:00pm) and line dancing (7:00pm-8:00pm).
During our devotional time, we will discuss The Chosen (study below). During our line dancing time, we will learn easy beginner level line dances.
THE CHOSEN: Shabbat (Revelation 3:20, John 1:46, Genesis 2:1-3)
Video (click here to watch the video)
Quintus, Gaius, Nicodemus, Matthew, Mary Magdalene, Peter and Andrew, James and John
The Big Question:
What is your one BIG question from this episode? (What captured your imagination most, and what would you ask God about the events portrayed?)
Bring to Group:
What quote from the movie was the most meaningful/impactful to you? Why?
Group Discussion Questions:
1. Which characters stood out to you most? Which were most interesting? Most moving?
2. How has your understanding of the role (and hatred toward) tax collectors been enhanced?
3. How do you feel about the development of Peter’s character? And Andrew’s role?
4. Why was Nicodemus so shocked about the news about Mary Magdalene being seen in her right mind?
5. Matthew said that his father said he has no son. How did this impact your view of him?
6. How did you feel seeing Mary in her right mind, knowing it was her encounter with Jesus that delivered her?
7. Simon (Peter) said to his wife, Eden, “I’ve got this.” When was a time in your life that you thought you could control your circumstances only to see them spin out of your control?
8. Nicodemus’ history lesson about Antiochus leads to a significant question, “Who is responsible for suppressing our worship now?” when he sees the priests dining in extravagance. What was going through his mind? How is our worship suppressed or distracted these days?
9. Mary hosts her first Shabbat meal (Sabbath). How did that impact you? Seeing her turn to God and be so welcoming to others?
10. Jesus invited Himself into Mary’s Shabbat observance. How does that resonate with you?
11. Who is the last person you invited into your life/home for the purpose of telling them about what God has done in your life?
“I don’t understand it myself. I was one way and now I’m completely different. And the thing that happened in between - was Him. So yes, I will know him for the rest of my life!” (Mary Magdalene)