We are meeting at the Point Loma Campus.
1st Floor, Room 144 (behind the bookstore)
After you enter the lobby, walk past the elevators and the bookstore, go through the double doors on your right, and walk all the way down the walkway almost to the end. Room 144 will be on your right.
Devotional (6:00pm-7:00pm) and line dancing (7:00pm-8:00pm).
During our devotional time, we will discuss The Chosen (study below). During our line dancing time, we will learn easy beginner level line dances.
THE CHOSEN: Jesus Loves the Little Children (Season 1, Episode 3)
Video (click here to watch the video)
The Big Question:
What is your one BIG question from this episode? (What captured your imagination most, and what would you ask God about the events portrayed?)
Bring to Group:
What quote from this episode was the most meaningful/impactful to you? Why?
Group Discussion Questions:
1. Which characters stood out to you most? Which were most interesting? Most moving?
2. How did Jesus’ treatment of the children impact you?
3. Jesus was both playful and purposeful as He related to the children. What does that say about how we are to relate to others?
4. In this episode, Jesus is seen praying routinely (meal times, bed time) and passionately. What is your prayer life like? How does this portrayal of Jesus’ prayers encourage you?
5. Jesus’ responses to some of the children’s questions seemed evasive or incomplete. Why do you think that is? And how does relate to His responses to our questions?
7. Jesus’ gift reminded Abigail that He did not come only for the wealthy. How does that make you feel about Jesus? What does that mean about how we as His disciples treat people?
8. Why do you think Jesus welcomed these children? What does this say about how much He desires to welcome you?
9. What would it take for you trust Jesus afresh - with the absolute faith of a child?
QUOTES “Is your father rich?” (Joshua) “That is a question for another time.” (Jesus) “I hope my next students ask the same questions. I hope when the time comes, they will tell others about me like you have.” (Jesus)