We are meeting at the Point Loma Campus.
1st Floor, Room 144 (behind the Community Room)
After you enter the lobby, walk past the elevators and the Community Room, go through the double doors on your right, and walk all the way down the walkway almost to the end. Room 144 will be on your right.
Devotional (6:00pm-7:00pm) and line dancing (7:00pm-8:00pm).
We will enjoy a healthy snack bar during this meeting. Please bring a healthy snack to share (e.g., fruits, vegetables, yogurt, hummus, nuts, etc.). Please be mindful of those who have a peanut allergy. No snacks containing peanuts or peanut butter please. All other nuts are fine.
During our devotional time, we will discuss The Chosen (study below). During our line dancing time, we will learn easy beginner level line dances.
THE CHOSEN: The Rock On Which It Is Built (Season 1, Episode 4)
Video: Click here to watch the video.
Jesus, Matthew, James & John, Andrew & Peter, Nicodemus, John the Baptist, Joseph of Arimethea, Zebedee
The Big Question:
What is your one BIG question from this episode? (What captured your imagination most, and what would you ask God about the events portrayed?)
Bring to Group:
What quote from this episode was the most meaningful/impactful to you? Why?
Group Discussion Questions:
1. Which characters stood out to you most? Which were most interesting? Most moving?
2. How did the weaving of Peter’s backstory (all creative license) make you feel about the development of Peter’s character?
3. The night on the Sea of Galilee amplified the encounter with Jesus in the morning. Have you ever experiencing Jesus coming to you after a “dark night” in your life? Would you share?
4. What more do you learn about Matthew’s character? What do you think about the portrayal of him seeing Jesus at the lake?
5. Andrew met Jesus through John the Baptist and is confident He’s the Messiah. What do you think about his longing for Peter to know Jesus? Who is your “Peter?”
6. Why did Nicodemus want to know if John had performed miracles? What did he suspect?
7. What was the role of John the Baptist? (Luke 1:8-17, Luke 3:1-9) How is this also our role as the church?
8. How did it feel to see Zebedee encourage his sons to follow Jesus? Who encouraged you?
9. Jesus told the fisher brothers that they would become fishers of men. What did that mean for them? Is that our mission as well? Why or why not?
QUOTES Edith to Peter: “Where is your faith?” Peter: “Faith isn’t going to get me more fish.” Edith: “You have not pursued the Lord lately. You’re off to try to fix it again… No more talking. Maybe God can get your attention now.”
THIS IS OUR LAST MEETING FOR 2023.